Instagram

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fall wreath makeover!



Last weekend after going fall crazy at hobby lobby, and coming home with an awesome fall haul...

I knew it was time to get cracking on my fall wreath makeover.

Now the wreath we already have we got at target two years ago, and it was fine for the price and what I wanted at the time, but after seeing all the amazing wreaths on pinterest I knew that I could makeover the wreath we had and spend way less than buying or making a whole new one.

so here it is before...


Not too bad right? Well when I pulled it out of the attic it was definitely smaller than I had remembered, but I thought I'd still be able to spruce it up. 

I figured I had to keep it fairly simple since the wreath wasn't that big and it had a lot going on already. So I picked up a craft letter 'S' and some ribbon (that i'm in love with) from HL.


I painted the 'S' using some off-white spray paint we already had. I also distressed it a little. I then stapled two staples in the back of it and then pulled them out a little so there was almost like to little hooks. I then took some string and by threading it through the staples I was able to secure it to the wreath. The string I used was almost exactly the same color as the spray paint so that was nice! 

However, you don't have to use string. If my wreath hadn't been so bulky and had more of a flat surface to it I would have glued the 'S' on. 

Then using an awesome faux bow tutorial found on pinterest 
Via
I created a bow out of my favorite rbbon.

I then attached the bow with glue onto a piece of ribbon I had already tied around the wreath
...and ta da !!!


I'm totally loving the makeover! 



No comments:

Post a Comment