Instagram

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, September 16, 2013

Old grain sack = weekend project!

Here it is...


This will be the third time we've used an old grain sack to add some character to our boring builder grade tan walls. The first two got chopped up and stuck in frames. 


we haven't hung this one yet since the new grain sack took its spot

This time though the sack was too nice to just cut up. So after thinking on it for a few weeks I figured out what I wanted to do (or wanted my lovely husband to do). 


Again I don't have any pictures of the progress but lets just say it took awhile because I may not have expressed exactly what I wanted in the beginning :)

this was the first try...


but we ended up with this.


We basically just attached the sack to a piece of foam to make it a little sturdier and then made a frame out of scrap wood. I painted the frame white and then used a little brown paint to make it look old. We also attached chicken wire in front of the sack. I originally thought about clipping on pictures to the wire and have it be a little picture display, but the sack itself is just so awesome I think we'll leave it how it is. 


I love using these inexpensive sacks, that my dad finds at antique stores, to liven up our walls...i'm just running out of places to put them! 



No comments:

Post a Comment