Instagram

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, September 7, 2013

So it's been a little while...

hey all...pretty sure it's been almost two years since I've done anything with my lovely little blog (that I'm not sure anyone reads anyway but I'm gonna keep on posting ). Since then we've moved, gotten a new little furry man, I've had a few jobs and gone craft/decor crazy! I recently realized that I've been doing a lot of blog worthy projects lately and figured maybe now was a good time to start this thing back up. 

I dont really know which project to start with so I'll just go with one that I'm pretty proud of!

 Soooo I was throwing my bestest friend a wedding shower and I found a ton of great ideas and things I could buy for it on etsy and pinterest, but two weeks before the shower our sweet Huck man decided to get sick and his vet bill kinda cut into my budget. So time to get crafty! 

Originally i wanted to buy this super cute door hanger...


but I realized with a little sewing help I could probably make it myself. 

So I used some burlap my parens already had and bought the paint colors I wanted and then I just jumped in and started trying to recreate what I saw on etsy. 


I cut two cake shaped pieces of burlap and then painted one piece. I then had my lovely sewing genius sew the two sides together and then we stuffed it with batting (and a piece of cardboard to keep it straight). Then we sewed in a piece of tulle...and it was starting to come together!


The last two steps were to attach a hanger and then add the "I do". Both of these tasks kind of got outsourced to my dad after several failed attempts on my part. 

and out of nowhere it was finished! 

I was so surprised that it turned out as well as it did, and the "I do" is detachable so we can use it for birthdays too. The whole thing took about two days because we had to let the paint dry and we just kind of did it bit by bit between other things. I wish I had better pictures but I wasn't really planning on blogging about it. 

Here's a tutorial on another awesome blog that shows you how to make some more burlap door hangers!

Live a Little Wilder
This would have helped me tremendously...but I managed to sort of figure the process out as I went.

So there it is....almost two years later and I'm back. Maybe this time I'll stick with it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment