Instagram

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Chalkboard wreath


This wreath is one of my favorites that I've made!! It was super easy to make and is definitely a wreath I'll make for other seasons just so I can write on the chalkboard. I actually made this wreath as a gift because I already have an awesome fall wreath (seen here),  but it was really hard to not keep this one for myself! 


Here's a rundown (and picture) of what you'll need 


1. Grapevine wreath ($4 at walmart)
2. Acrylic paint (brown and white)
3. Ribbon
4. Flowers 
5. Yarn
6. Hot glue gun
7. Frame
8. Chalkboard paint  


The first thing I did was to take my frame apart and spray the backing with chalkboard paint. I used this brand because I could get it online for a fraction of what I would have paid buying it in any store. While that was drying I painted and antiqued my frame.


Then once the chalkboard paint was dry I added that part back to the frame 

The next step was to remove the flowers from their stems (which was super easy). I then arranged the flowers on the wreath before gluing them to make sure I liked the layout. Once you get the flowers where you want them just use hot glue to attach them to your wreath.


The last thing you need to do is attach the bow and the chalkboard. I used the same faux bow technique I have in my other wreath posts to attach my ribbon to the wreath. I also stapled a piece of yarn to the back of the frame and hung that from the end of the ribbon on the wreath. 


You can attach the ribbon and frame any way you would like, but this is the way that worked for me! 



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment