Instagram

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sweet tea and Scrumptious burgers

Last night as we were cooking dinner and I realized I had two great recipes I wanted to share!! One is my Dad's super easy and super sweet tea recipe. This is a really easy way to make tea and it's just as great as any tea you can buy. I know sweet tea is kind of a no-brainer but seriously I don't know if I ever would have figured out how to make it strong enough and sweet enough every time without these directions.

So first....you need
2 Cups sugar
4 Family size tea bags
1 Gallon pitcher





Start out by boiling 1 quart of water on the stove. Once it comes to a boil take it off the heat and place 4 tea bags in the pot. Let the bags sit for 5 minutes, occasionally dipping them up and down. 

After 5 minutes pour what you have in the pot into your pitcher. Then fill the pot back up with hot water and let the 4 tea bags sit in that water for another 5 minutes. Pour the second pot of water into the pitcher and fill the pitcher up the rest of the way with hot water. While you're filling the pitcher up pour in your two cups of sugar and stir. Stir the tea until you see that your sugar has dissolved. At this point the tea is hot but you can taste it to see if it's sweet enough for you. Then ta-da you've got yourself a gallon of sweet southern tea!!!


Ok now for the burgers! The recipe for these burgers is one my husband found a few summers ago and we've been making them ever since!! They're called basil burgers and they're an easy way to give your burgers tons of flavor!! Here's the link to the basil burgers! It's from a great website that allows you to change the serving size to customize your recipe! After a few hiccups in our plan we finally had our delicious burgers and some sweet southern tea to wash them down!! 


Either tomorrow or Friday I'm going to attempt to make an adorable dry erase board I found online!! Fingers crossed!!!

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, this is too darn cute! Keep it up! (Gives me something interesting to do during orientation, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara!! I've got some post ideas for the rest of the week so it should keep you occupied during orientation!!! Thanks for reading it!!

    ReplyDelete