Instagram

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, September 30, 2011

DIY Dry Erase Board

Happy Friday!!! So I found this super easy and incredibly useful project on Pinterest. I tried to do something similar to this my freshman year of college but just a little tip....plastic and dry erase markers don't really mix! You have to use glass :)

Here's the board I saw on Pinterest from Make and Takes.


I made a few alterations to mine....for instance I put strong magnets on the back so that way I could attach it to our refrigerator so when I realize we need something from the grocery store I can jot it down so I don't forget!

Alright here are the super easy steps to create your board!!

You'll need:
A picture frame with glass
Scrapbook paper or fabric
Magnets (I used 6)
Gorilla glue or hot glue
Dry erase marker


First open the back of the frame and put your paper of fabric inside the frame. I was able to find a frame that fit the paper perfectly! I also got 3 different pieces of paper. 2 for the holidays and 1 that matches our kitchen colors. I'm not in love with some of the paper but a trip to hobby lobby this weekend might fix that!





Next, apply glue to the backs of the magnets and stick them where you want on the back of the frame



After waiting a little bit for the glue to dry you've got yourself a dry erase board!!!


I'll put up a new picture after my trip if I find some cuter scrapbook paper. Be prepared for a ton of posts with my DIY projects after I buy out hobby lobby this weekend!! Also, I'll be trying two new recipes this weekend so keep your fingers crossed for me that they turn out well!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment