Instagram

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Christmas wooden letter project!

I love Christmas! So it was no surprise when I started working on decorations and ideas in the middle of September! I love things that are monogrammed so of course I had to have something for the holidays that included some of our initials. I ended up painting a "S" that we can display anywhere during the holidays. This project was super easy but since I did it over a month ago I don't have 100% detailed pictures.

So here's what you'll need...

Blue painters tape
Red and green acrylic paint (I used Calico red and Fresh Foliage)
Paint brush
Wooden letter (White or natural in color)
Clear, matte spray paint
Ribbon
Picture/plate stand

The first thing I did was tape off my letter with stripes and also along the edges. This allowed the paint to not go onto the sides of the letter and for my lines to stay straight and even (for the most part ). This took about 3 coats to get the color where I wanted it.


The result was a green, red and white striped letter

After letting the paint dry all the way I took my letter outside and put it on some newspaper. I then used my clear spray paint to seal the paint onto the letter. This did give my letter a little shine and if you want more you could always use gloss spray paint instead of matte.

After letting the paint dry I tied a bow onto the letter with ribbon that coordinated. Then propped it up on a picture stand and ta da you've got a cute decoration for the holidays!!

2 comments: